glibc segmentaion fault

u02137 at cs.unipune.ernet.in u02137 at cs.unipune.ernet.in
Fri Jan 10 21:38:51 PST 2003

I presently have a RedHat 8.0 system  on a Pentium -IV machine and am
attempting to build a linuxfromscratch system. Many thanks to Chris
for sending me the CDs.
I am building the LFS 4.1 system. I was able to install the basic system
mentioned in chapter 5 and successfully chroot ed to my LFS
partition. I was not typing out the commands..I was merely
running the lfs-commands as shell scripts.

The glibc compilation failed on my system.
The build went on for about 18 minutes and when locales were being
installed on my machine I got the following error:

..
zh-TW.BIGS....done
zh-TW.EUC-TW..done
make[2] : Leaving directory 'usr/src/glibc-2.3.1/localedata'
make[1] : Leaving directory 'usr/src/glibc-2.3.1'
Segmentation fault.

I was restored back to my old system. When i tried to chroot back to
my LFS system I again got a segmentation fault. Is it possible to get back
to my lfs system.

Can anybody please tell me how to tackle this.
Thanking  you,
Saurabh

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org