Problem installing Bash...

Carlos Marcano carlosmarcano78 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 10 08:57:11 PST 2003

Hi all. I am new guy on the list, my name is Carlos
and I am a student from Venezuela (south america). I
found out about LFS a few days ago and I decided to
give it a try. I want to put my hands on LFS 4.0-RC1.
The thing is I began with the book but when trying to
install Bash a have a problem. I type this:

     ./configure
−−enable−static−link \
     −−prefix=$LFS/static
−−with−curses &&
     make &&
     make install

but all I get is that there is not any .configure file
or directory. Could you, please, tell me what I am
doing wrong? (by the way, I am using a Linux Mandrake
8.0 as my primary system...)

In the other hand, do I have to untar the package (I
downloaded the whole one -105 MB-) in the
/mnt/lfs/static/src directory?

Thanks in for any advice I can get from you.

*Carlos*
P.S: sorry for my english...still learning!