help compiling bash static

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Jan 10 06:42:31 PST 2003

On January 8, 2003 03:21 pm, Albert Wagner wrote:
> be right about the problem being in the compiler. After compiling,
> the lfs version makes references to a bunch of directories I don't
> have:

That's ok. the config.guess script will check for a lot of files and
directories in order to figure out what platform and version you are working
on. If /usr/amiga would've existed, there would have been a good chance
you're on an Amiga platform so it would go and try to check what specific
kind of Amiga is present, and so forth.

Maybe you can send your strace output of a config.guess run that doens't work
properly.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org