how to upgrade lfs

Ira Mendell ibm at bestweb.net
Fri Jan 10 06:10:42 PST 2003

Hi,
  I'm currently working on LFS 4.0.  I'm up to LILO though I will
probably replace it with GRUB.  I see there's a new version of GRUB .93
I'll assume it ok to put both LILO and GRUB on the system if I need
either for future use.

   I see that as of 1/9/03 in the change log of  the CVS version that
there will be quite a few changes coming , upgrades and add ons etc.

  Since I'll probably have 4.0 up and running by the time the next book
comes out.  How would I go about upgrading to the latest sources. Would
I just compile the new versions and patches.

      Is there a hint or faq I may reference?

                   Thank you very much for any advice.
                                                       Ira

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org