tzselect problem - directories and files missing from /usr/share/zoneinfo SORTED

john voisey john.voisey at velvetwood_nospam.co.uk
Thu Jan 9 12:58:02 PST 2003

On Thu, 09 Jan 2003 09:47:10 -0800, J_Man <jeremy at jutley.org> wrote:

>Hey John!
>
> From what I know of glibc's installation, this could happen if the
>echo "cross-compiling = no" >> whateveritis line is not done
> properly.

>now that you have some form of glibc installed, I'd just reinstall it one
>more time according to the LFS book instructions in chap 6, it should
>automatically detect that we're not cross-compiling anymore, and install
>the timezone stuff properly.
>
>Hope this helps!
>
>Jeremy

Just thought I'd let you know I have just followed your suggestion
to rebuild glibc and *YES* this time it worked. I'm very grateful for
your help !

regards, John V
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org