cannot find /static/bin/env ???

vincent blondel vincent.blondel at chello.be
Thu Jan 9 09:25:45 PST 2003

OK You are right, "env" binary was compiled dynamically but there is a
problem.
I tried to recompile sh-utils 2.0 with and without patch and I cannot get a
statically compiled binary so I recompiled again with the example mentionned
in LFS-3.3 and this works ... strange

./configure --prefix=$LFS/static --disable-nls &&
make LDFLAGS=-static &&
make install &&

I am using Slackware 8.1 ( gcc-2.95.3, kernel 2.4.18, glibc-2.2.5 ) to
compile the binaries statically.

so what's the problem ???