tzselect problem - directories and files missing from /usr/share/zoneinfo

Bill's LFS Login lfsbill at wlmcs.com
Thu Jan 9 06:12:31 PST 2003

On Thu, 9 Jan 2003, john voisey wrote:

> I'm almost too scared to post this for fear of being flamed.
> <snip>

> The reason I'm petrified I'll get flamed is that a google search
> turned up this reference (but nothing else !) :-
>
> http://archive.linuxfromscratch.org/mail-archives/lfs-support/2002/06/0682.html
>
> <snip>

> I've read through the FAQ amd INSTALL documents that are untarred
> with glibc-2.2.5 and I can't seem to find anything relevant to this.
>
> I've obviously overlooked something and would appreciate any hints as
> to what that might be !
>
> regards, John Voisey

It is obvious you made some attempts to find a solution with search of
list, reading the FAQ and so forth. On this list, that *should* prevent
any flames. Of course, those who already know the answer and may have
fallen out of bed may make some remark that seems a little critical, but
you can/should ignore them since you made (what appears to be)
reasonable attempts to locate the answer before posting.

This list is working hard to be a cordial place; sometimes it is difficult
when there are folks who won't make the effort you have made and there are
those who's patience has been exhausted by those types.

My opinion.

Bill Maltby
lfsbill at wlmcs.com

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org