LFS on Mac OS X anyone?

Condon Thomas A KPWA tcondon at kpt.nuwc.navy.mil
Wed Jan 8 08:24:27 PST 2003

David Ayers <mailto:fogey at mindspring.com> typed thusly on Wednesday, January
08, 2003 6:34 AM:

>>> Has anyone tried installing LFS on Mac OS X?
>>
>> Do you mean install it on the same partition as mac osx or do you mean
>> on a g3/g4 machine that also happens to have an osx partition? I
>
> I'm looking at the new 17" laptop that Apple just announced, which I
> presume has an osx partition. I also see they have announced X11 beta
> for mac.

Check out QLI:
http://www.qlilinuxpc.com/products/apple/powerbook.html

They will put Linux on a PowerBook (including the 17") for you.

I know this isn't LFS, but since you need a Linux distro to start with, this
would provide that ability.  You may be able to get them to create the LFS
partition (with nothing on it) while they partition the disk.

In Harmony's Way, and In A Chord,

Tom  :-})

Thomas A. Condon
Barbershop Bass Singer