(no subject)

Jasper Stein jasper at cs.kun.nl
Wed Jan 8 02:52:36 PST 2003

Leigh Gardiner wrote:
> Im up to the part in chapter 6 where I have to install SysVinit...do i
> need to install some other thing instead of this to get BSD/Slackware
> style init? or does this stuff come later?

There's a hint for Slackware/BSD style INIT, refer to that for details.
But the short answer is: yes, you still need SysVInit. Only the
bootscripts that init uses are (quite) different (and a lot easier too,
if you ask me)

Jasper
--
+++ Out of Cheese error +++ MELON MELON MELON +++ Redo from Start +++

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org