Question concerning GCC and Glibc

Jasper Stein jasper at cs.kun.nl
Wed Jan 8 02:50:28 PST 2003

Ira Mendell wrote:
> After I compiled gcc and glibc I realized I had unpacked them and
> compiled them from /mnt/lfs instead of within the /usr/src directory.
>     Thanks in advance for any advice.
>                                                 Ira

Hi Ira,

AFAIK it doesn't matter where you build your stuff, as long as you
configure things properly and tell your computer to use the proper tools
and settings. Remember that we also usually delete the build directories
after installing so normally nothing remains anyway, except for the
installed programs.

Jasper
--
+++ Out of Cheese error +++ MELON MELON MELON +++ Redo from Start +++

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org