no virtual consoles therefore no login!

steve diamon at btopenworld.com
Tue Jan 7 23:57:39 PST 2003

I've just finished installing LFS4.0  - good instructions BTW.
Initially no problems booting, everything seemed fine.

Rebooted into Mandrake8.1 (the host build system), did some fiddling on the
internet, then tried to reboot into lfs.  Kernel boots fine, init does its
runlevel stuff (default 3), but then no VC's are created and I can't login.

Any ideas?  The only thing that I've added to the LFS4.0 setup is gpm
(mouse support) and midnight commander.  Can't see that they are the
problem though.

tia
steve
--
It is better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you're not
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org