Question concerning GCC and Glibc

Ira Mendell ibm at bestweb.net
Tue Jan 7 19:56:22 PST 2003

After I compiled gcc and glibc I realized I had unpacked them and
compiled them from /mnt/lfs instead of within the /usr/src directory.
It doesn't appear that it made any difference they both seemed to have
compiled ok. I hope that compiling them from /mnt/lfs would not be
incorrect.  However they both produced build directories within the
/mnt/lfs directory.  Should these directories be moved or can they be
deleted.
       Not that I'd want to spend another few hours doing it but if I
had to redo the gcc compile.  Would it just recompile over the original
gcc or do I have to remove any previous version.
    Thanks in advance for any advice.
                                                Ira

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org