help compiling bash static

Albert Wagner alwagner at tcac.net
Tue Jan 7 10:04:23 PST 2003

On Tuesday 07 January 2003 6:41 pm, Martin Sand wrote:
> To Gerard and the others:
>
> Aren't these variables missing down there:
>
> declare -x HOSTTYPE="i386"
> declare -x MACHTYPE="i386-suse-linux"
>
> ...or what you Albert have installed. Try to add these variables
> before the execution.

The only variables declared are those in the setup script at the
beginning of chapter 5 LFS 4.0.

======================
cat > ~/.bash_profile << "EOF"
umask 022

LFS=/mnt/lfs
LC_ALL=POSIX
CC='gcc -s'
export LFS LC_ALL CC
EOF
source ~/.bash_profile
======================

> WHat distribution you have ?!

I am running LFS 3.3 as host.

> So how should cc or gcc guess the type of processor ?!

I don't think it's trying to guess the processor, just the type of
installation.  But apparently bash-2.05a/configure calls
bash-2.05a/support/config.guess.  When invoked by root:

$ /mnt/lfs/static/src/bash-2.05a/support
$ ./config.guess
i686-pc-linux-gnu

When invoked by user lfs:
$ su - lfs
su-2.05a$ cd $LFS/static/src/bash-2.05a/support
su-2.05a$ ./config.guess
su-2.05a$

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org