After chrooting gcc does not work

The Cheeze Cheeziologist at attbi.com
Tue Jan 7 14:11:59 PST 2003

Laurie Turpin [laurie.turpin at virgin.net] wrote:
> Sorry I did not give you enough information
> about my problem accessing gcc from the chrooted system
> From the non chrooted system if I do the following
> $LFS/static/bin/gcc -v
> I get the following:
> Reading specs from /mnt/lfs/static/bin
> .../lib/gcc-lib/i586-pc-linux-gnu/3.2/specs
> Configured with
> ../gcc-3.2/configure --prefix=/static --enable-languages-c
> --disable-nls --d isable-shared
> Thread model: posix
> gcc version 3.2
>
> After chrooting to the lfs system if I execute the following
> gcc -v
> I get:
> bash: /static/bin/gcc : no such file or directory
>
> If I excute the following
> ls -aul /static/bin/gcc
> I get
> -rwxr-xr-x 2 0 0 293310 Jan 7 21:28 /static/bin/gcc
<snip>

Sounds to me like you did not compile gcc statically. Outside of chroot
type ldd $LFS/static/bin/gcc and see what the output is. It should tell
you that gcc is not a dynamic executable. If it doesn't then recompile
gcc and make sure you use the book instructions so that it is compiled
statically.

--
Registered LFS User: 6929
Registered Linux User: 298182