After chrooting gcc does not work

Laurie Turpin laurie.turpin at virgin.net
Tue Jan 7 13:51:23 PST 2003

Sorry I did not give you enough information
about my problem accessing gcc from the chrooted system
>From the non chrooted system if I do the following
$LFS/static/bin/gcc -v
I get the following:
Reading specs from /mnt/lfs/static/bin
.../lib/gcc-lib/i586-pc-linux-gnu/3.2/specs
Configured with
../gcc-3.2/configure --prefix=/static --enable-languages-c --disable-nls --d
isable-shared
Thread model: posix
gcc version 3.2

After chrooting to the lfs system if I execute the following
gcc -v
I get:
bash: /static/bin/gcc : no such file or directory

If I excute the following
ls -aul /static/bin/gcc
I get
-rwxr-xr-x 2 0 0 293310 Jan 7 21:28 /static/bin/gcc