help compiling bash static

Albert Wagner alwagner at tcac.net
Mon Jan 6 13:32:29 PST 2003

On Monday 06 January 2003 5:56 pm, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> On January 6, 2003 04:43 am, Albert Wagner wrote:
> > > As user 'lfs' run cc (without the full path, just run 'cc')
> > > what happens?
> >
> > su-2.05a$ cc
> > cc: No input files
>
> config.guess creates and compiles a test program to figure out your
> host system, it's probably the compile job that goes wrong.
>
> You can try using 'strace'  and see if it shows you anything
> useful. Install strace and run it like "strace -o outputfile
> config.guess"
>
> Then examine the 'outputfile' file.

Thank you for all your help, Gerard.
I got an strace output, but I can't make heads nor tails of it.  I
installed LFS 3.3 using a homebrew package manager similar to the LFS
hint from Matthias Benkmann that creates a user for each package.
Config.guess is probably a permissions problem that I have no easy
answer to.  At any rate, it doesn't look like I can get there from
here. I suppose I'll just hack around until something breaks loose.
Thanks again for your help.

Albert

--
"Every real thought on every real subject knocks the
wind out of somebody or other."
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org