segfault after compiling glibc-2.3.1 (last step of chapter 6)

Tushar Teredesai tushar at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Jan 6 12:52:31 PST 2003

Alex wrote:

>I followed the instructions at
>http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/view/cvs/chapter06/glibc-pass2.html
>I compiled glibc-2.3.1 and everything went fine.
>Today when I try to chroot my environment to continue I got a segfault error
>because of bash !! :-(
>When I move lib/libnss* everything goes fine and I can chroot my
>environment.
>
>What did I do wrong??? In the last step of chapter 6, it seems that it is
>not more useful to install any patchs. Is it true?

Once you are at the end of Ch 6, your system is built. You don't need to
use the static directory. Just use the Ch 6 stuff.

    chroot $LFS /bin/env -i \
        HOME=/root TERM=$TERM PS1='\u:\w\$ '  \
        PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin \
        /bin/bash --login

(IMO) This should be mentioned in the book. Forwarding to lfs-dev.

--
Tushar Teredesai
   http://www.geocities.com/tushar/

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org