Returning to ML for upgrade

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Jan 6 09:05:42 PST 2003

On January 5, 2003 04:03 am, Albert Wagner wrote:
> 1) I successfully downloaded the packages and book for 4.0 from a
> European site, but could not find an FTP site in the USA.  Is there
> one?  Link?

There isn't an FTP server setup currently. We suspended the service due to
bandwidth usage but will be resumed soon.

> 2) The book/packages I downloaded were dated: October 6, 2002.  Is
> everything in these downloads current?  If not, where might I find a
> list of current book changes and packages?

Read the CVS book. It has newer software and a proper way of building the
latest Glibc and GCC versions. You might as well upgrade to those versions
too rather than using LFS-4.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org