sed.1 no such file or directory ???

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Jan 6 08:45:47 PST 2003

On January 4, 2003 12:51 pm, Balaji Gururaja Rao wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm installing sed-3.02 in chap 6. I get this error message
>
> cannot stat `./sed.1' no such file or directory
>
> Why is this so?

I assume the configure script shows that error?

It's probably because the configure script needs to run a program that doesn't
exist or doesn't work. Maybe you missed a package in chapter 5 (fileutils
maybe, or sh-utils) or maybe a package didn't install entirely properly.

First of all, whenever you get an error we need more output. That one line
doesn't mean much because it doesn't tell us _when_ the error occurs. If we
see more lines we'll see what the configure script was doing before it
stopped with that error.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org