chapter 6 glibc - segfault / cvs 01022003

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Jan 6 08:32:23 PST 2003

On January 3, 2003 02:01 pm, Greg Schafer wrote:
> I don't think the book's instructions are quite right yet. Could you try

They aren't. /static/bin will still be in your $PATH and even if you change
your PATH variable to remove /static/bin there is still bash's internal path
hash that should be removed by running 'hash -r'

Not doing this will cause seg faults if your host distro was glibc-2.2.x
based. I myself had no problems actually building glibc the second time, I
just had problems re-entering chroot with the original commands.

It wasn't clear from the output I saw, did you run 'make install' already? If
so, parts of the 2nd Glibc might be installed already without the patch which
will cause some /static/bin/ programs to fail (with segmentation faults) if
they have been compiled on the host system that uses glibc-2.2.x

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org