CVS Binutils ch6 segfaults...

Jeremy Herbison herbie at autobotcity.net
Sun Jan 5 15:12:51 PST 2003

yup, you used bash-2.05b instead of 2.05a. There are 2 ways to build with b
successfully however. First of all, compile the dynamic bash right before
you try binutils. Its just the static "b" that acts funny. The other is to
compile the ch.5 bash with --without-bash-malloc so that it doesn't cause
the segfaults. I can confirm that both infact work.
In addition, when you compile bash I recommend applying the 4 patches found
at
ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/bash/bash-2.05b-patches
using patch -p0 < bash205b-00x to fix some other bash-2.05b issues. Most
likely the book will be doing this in the next few weeks as well.

news:av9dpg$i0u$1 at quasar.highos.com...

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org