kernel modules problem

Chris Wright lfs at chris.bitsmedia.co.uk
Sun Jan 5 09:38:03 PST 2003

I'm a bit of a linux newbie so please execuse me if this is a stupid
question :-)

I'm experimenting with using kernel modules for my network devices, etc but
whenever I experiment with modprobe it appears to be looking in the wrong
place for the modules.

I'm using kernel 2.4.19 so my modules are in /lib/modules/2.4.19 however
modprobe appears to be looking in /lib/modules/2.4.18-3

As a result it immediately bombs out as it can't find modules.dep

How do you ensure modprobe is looking at the correct set of modules?

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org