Returning to ML for upgrade

Allen Parker allenp at efn.org
Sun Jan 5 09:25:29 PST 2003

<snip>
3) I originally used SuSE 7.1 to install LFS 3.3.  Now I intend to
install 4.0 in the SuSE partition.  I don't intend to repartition,
but I want to clean/verify the SuSE partition in preparation.  What
is the best tool for this?
<snip>

Assuming you have ext3 support built into the kernel (if you're running
a 2.4 kernel, it should be automagically there), just use mke2fs
/dev/<suse_partition> then tune2fs on the same partition...

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org