Problem compiling gcc

Atila Bohlke Vasconcelos bohlke at brturbo.com.br
Sun Jan 5 06:53:31 PST 2003

On Sunday 05 January 2003 16:00, you wrote:
> The two commands :
> # ld -v
> GNU ld version 2.9.5 (with BFD 2.9.5.0.22)
> # gcc -v
> Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/egcs-2.91.66/specs
> gcc version egcs-2.91.66 19990314/Linux (egcs-1.1.2 release)
>
> My base system came from a Redhat 6.2 distribution. If you think I'll get
> more errors with this base system ... I  change it for a Mandrake 8.1 !

This is not a good think, imho, because with mdk 8.1 you will no able to
compile texinfo (there are some complain about 'ospeed' changed, or some like
that) staticaly. I compiled texinfo staticaly in another machine, then moved
all texinfo to mdk8.1 host and make install.

the other machine is a mdk 8.2 and seems works fine.

Atila Bohlke Vasconcelos - bohlke at brturbo.com.br

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org