tar-1.13 exclude files

Carsten P. Gehrke Carsten at rollinghorse.com
Sun Jan 5 08:56:46 PST 2003

Has anyone else had problems excluding files with tar-1.13?  I tried using
an exclude file, and it didn't seem to work they way I interpreted the
documentation.  Then I tried the same file on a system with a newer version
of tar, and it worked as expected.  I then replaced tar on the first
machine with tar-1.13.25 (from the GNU alpha site), and it also worked as
expected.  Does anyone have any background information?  I couldn't find an
explicit reference to my problem in the tar change log.

TIA,
Carsten

                             Carsten P. Gehrke
                      mailto:Carsten at RollingHorse.com