Resolved: copying kernel configuration question

Yann E. MORIN yann.morin.1998 at anciens.enib.fr
Sun Jan 5 03:51:04 PST 2003

ADB,

On Sunday 05 January 2003 04:37, you wrote:
 > I fixed it. The config is obviously stored *somewhere else* in the
 > mandrake source tree, but I was able to recover it my saving the
 > configuration as an alternate file w/ xconfig.

If I remember correctly, there was in fact no .config, you're right.
But MDK seem to have twiddled with the makefiles, as almost every thing
defaults to modules (that was what happened here...)

 > My kernel built fine and I rebooted into LFS and things were absolutely
 > fine: except for one major problem- modprobe couldn't find any of the
 > modules! I followed the compile directions very carefully, and the modules
 > were right where they should be, under /lib/modules, according to the
 > Linux_Kernel_HOW-TO. I have another problem relating to /etc/fstab, but
 > its with the /proc and NTFS filesystems, and that is more than probably
 > due to the fact that the kernel cant find the modules to mount them :\

It happened to me that the first time I did this, I forgot to chroot before
make modules_install! :-(  Check it! ;-)

Regards,
Yann.

| +0/33 662376056 | Software  Designer | \ / CAMPAIGN     |  ___               |
| web: ymorin.free.fr | SETI at home  597 | / \ HTML MAIL    |   v   conspiracy.  |
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org