Resolved: copying kernel configuration question

A D B hackmaster451 at lycos.com
Sat Jan 4 19:37:13 PST 2003

I fixed it. The config is obviously stored *somewhere else* in the mandrake source tree, but I was able to recover it my saving the configuration as an alternate file w/ xconfig.

My kernel built fine and I rebooted into LFS and things were absolutely fine: except for one major problem- modprobe couldn't find any of the modules! I followed the compile directions very carefully, and the modules were right where they should be, under /lib/modules, according to the Linux_Kernel_HOW-TO. I have another problem relating to /etc/fstab, but its with the /proc and NTFS filesystems, and that is more than probably due to the fact that the kernel cant find the modules to mount them :\