Problem with install

Rob Park rbpark at ualberta.ca
Sat Jan 4 12:22:17 PST 2003

Alas! Balaji Gururaja Rao spake thus:
> Hi,
> I did not mean to fix the instructions in the book, I meant to fix my problem. I'm sure there is no problems in the book. I'm sorry for mis communication. I'll definitely go through the link. My problem is that i have install in /static/bin. can I copy it to /usr/bin/ ? Since I get an error as message as follows
> /usr/bin/install: no such file or directory.

The point is, it's *supposed* to be /static/bin/install. The fact that
it's looking for it in /usr/bin means that you did something wrong
somewhere in chapter 5. Simply copying the file to /usr/bin might fix
it, but there might be something else that's broken, too.

Without more details, I can only suggest that you start the book over
and follow all of the instructions to the letter. Of course, if you know
where you went wrong in chapter 5, just go back to that part and do it
again, and you should be ok.

--
Rob Park
http://www.ualberta.ca/~rbpark