Problem with install

Balaji Gururaja Rao id4lfs at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 4 12:02:21 PST 2003

Hi,
I did not mean to fix the instructions in the book, I meant to fix my problem. I'm sure there is no problems in the book. I'm sorry for mis communication. I'll definitely go through the link. My problem is that i have install in /static/bin. can I copy it to /usr/bin/ ? Since I get an error as message as follows
/usr/bin/install: no such file or directory.
Once again, I did not mean that there was a problem in the book.
Regards,
Balaji
 Tushar Teredesai <tushar at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:Balaji Gururaja Rao wrote:

> I'm in chapter 6 after chroot installing the packages and linking them
> dynamically. Sometimes when the installation comes accross "install",
> I get the following message
>
> /usr/bin/install: no such file or directory.
>
> I actually have /static/bin/install. I can manually install the
> dependencies however I strongly feel that this should be fixed since
> most of teh packahges look for install in /usr/bin/. Can copy the file
> from static/bin to /usr/bin? Will it not create any problems?
>
> Thanx in advance

Based on your e-mail and your previous e-mails, I would recommend
reading .

Are you suggesting that the instructions are broken and need to be
fixed? Many people have installed LFS using the current instructions
without any problems.

Also, you have not provided enough info to debug your problem.

--
Tushar Teredesai
http://www.geocities.com/tushar/

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org