Problem with install

Tushar Teredesai tushar at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Jan 4 11:56:55 PST 2003

Balaji Gururaja Rao wrote:

> I'm in chapter 6 after chroot installing the packages and linking them
> dynamically. Sometimes when the installation comes accross "install",
> I get the following message
>
> /usr/bin/install: no such file or directory.
>
> I actually have /static/bin/install. I can manually install the
> dependencies however I strongly feel that this should be fixed since
> most of teh packahges look for install in /usr/bin/. Can copy the file
> from static/bin to /usr/bin? Will it not create any problems?
>
> Thanx in advance

Based on your e-mail and your previous e-mails, I would recommend
reading <http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html>.

Are you suggesting that the instructions are broken and need to be
fixed? Many people have installed LFS using the current instructions
without any problems.

Also, you have not provided enough info to debug your problem.

--
Tushar Teredesai
   http://www.geocities.com/tushar/

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org