Problem with install

Balaji Gururaja Rao id4lfs at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 4 11:37:45 PST 2003

Hi,

I'm in chapter 6 after chroot installing the packages and linking them dynamically. Sometimes when the installation comes accross "install", I get the following message

/usr/bin/install: no such file or directory.

I actually have /static/bin/install. I can manually install the dependencies however I strongly feel that this should be fixed since most of teh packahges look for install in /usr/bin/. Can copy the file from static/bin to /usr/bin? Will it not create any problems?

Thanx in advance