pb after compiling glibc

Tushar Teredesai tushar at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Jan 4 09:18:59 PST 2003

Alex wrote:

>>[mailto:lfs-support-bounce at linuxfromscratch.org]De la part de Tushar
>>Teredesai
>>

>><request>please bottom post your replies. Also, you mail client seems to
>>be messing up the indentation of the replies. Please fix it.</request>
>>
>>Did you apply the libnss patch to glibc when compiling?
>>

>I didn't apply the libnss patch because if I understand well the
>documentation it is only for people that first compil with glibc-2.2.x
>version. I didn't. My host system use a 2.1.3 version.

I hope that is a typo and your host system is 2.3.1. If your host system
is 2.3.1, then you don't need to apply the patch.

>Do you think I have to apply the patch anyway? I can try but do you know how
>can I fix my problem of chroot environment. Each time I call
>/static/bin/bash I got the "core dumped" message ! :-(

You can get around the problem by moving the libnss libraries out of the
way.

    mkdir $LFS/save
    mv $LFS/lib/libnss* $LFS/save

>(I tried to correct my post-replies indentation)

Just one more request, please put your replies at the bottom like mine.

--
Tushar Teredesai
   http://www.geocities.com/tushar/

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org