my lfs doesn't boot in chapter 9

Nicolai Stange Nic-Stange at t-online.de
Sat Jan 4 05:04:47 PST 2003

Hi!
I've installed all the LFS-packages according to the book (version
4.0-rc1) and then, finally, I wanted to do a reboot in chapter 9.
Everything seemed to work fine, but the, after having passed the
rc-scripts, the system just stopped without any error message or stuff.
It just didn't respond to any keystrokes and didn't do anything. Of
course I've checked out, if all executables are in their right path.
In the following , I've included my inittab and my fstab files, I hope
this could help to find my mistake!
Thank you!
cu Nic

# Begin /etc/inittab

id:3:initdefault:

si::sysinit:/etc/rc.d/init.d/rc sysinit

l0:0:wait:/etc/rc.d/init.d/rc 0
l1:S1:wait:/etc/rc.d/init.d/rc 1
l2:2:wait:/etc/rc.d/init.d/rc 2
l3:3:wait:/etc/rc.d/init.d/rc 3
l4:4:wait:/etc/rc.d/init.d/rc 4
l5:5:wait:/etc/rc.d/init.d/rc 5
l6:6:wait:/etc/rc.d/init.d/rc 6

ca:12345:ctrlaltdel:/sbin/shutdown -t1 -a -r now

su:S016:once:/sbin/sulogin

1:2345:respawn:/sbin/agetty tty1 9660
2:2345:respawn:/sbin/agetty tty2 9660
3:2345:respawn:/sbin/agetty tty3 9660
4:2345:respawn:/sbin/agetty tty4 9660
5:2345:respawn:/sbin/agetty tty5 9660
6:2345:respawn:/sbin/agetty tty6 9660

# End /etc/inittab

# Begin /etc/fstab

#filesystem   mount-point  fs-type  options   dump    fsck-order
/dev/hda3     /            ext2     defaults  1       1
proc          /proc        proc     defaults  0       0

# End /etc/fstab

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org