GCC install cant find compiler

The Cheeze Cheeziologist at attbi.com
Fri Jan 3 13:30:18 PST 2003

A D B [hackmaster451 at lycos.com] wrote:
> Its there, but trying to set $CC gives this error:
>
> I have no name!:/# export $CC='gcc -s'
> bash: export: `=gcc -s': not a valid identifier

Don't put the $ before CC. CC is a variable name. $CC is the value that
CC is currently set to. Thus typing export $CC is essentially saying
export gcc -s (or whatever CC was set to)=whatever. As always, I could
be completely wrong so don't listen only to me.

--
Registered LFS User: 6929
Registered Linux User: 298182

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org