chapter 6 glibc - segfault / cvs 01022003

Trent Roaster200 at netscape.net
Fri Jan 3 08:32:58 PST 2003

Are there any errors produced by binutils?! Especially the
errors, where a file could not be replaced because of permissions.
Do you use special optimization or marchtype?!

Fualty hardware is also an option.
Not only RAM but I had a corrputed harddrive as well as an damaged
cooler. The one with the cooler was tricky, because with normal routing
CPU usage there was no problem. When compiling I had several
segmentation fault, but they are easily to locate (I think):
They occured ecery time at another position. You seem to be on the same
position: ld and binutils.

Best regards
Martin

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org