Problem Using Shadowed Password Hint...

Leigh Gardiner leighgardiner at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 3 04:31:43 PST 2003

I'm trying to get MD5 enabled shadowed passwords, and I'm following exactly
what he has said to and im up to here:

# Move some libs around and make a couple symlinks.
cd /lib &&
mv libshadow.a libshadow.la /usr/lib &&
ln -sf libshadow.so.0 libshadow.so &&
cd /usr/lib &&
ln -sf ../../lib/libshadow.so

libshadow.so.0 doesn't exist to make a symlink from libshadow.so to...is
this meant to be or is there meant to be some libshadow.so.0 file in /lib?
I'm thinking that there should be a libshadow library there, but i could be
wrong and im just meant to leave it...
the guide im following is:

http://hints.linuxfromscratch.org/hints/shadowpasswd_plus.txt

he said it was written for version 3 and up, I'm following and using version
4, maybe thats to do with it?

http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org