MD5 sums for new CVS packages

Carsten Gehrke carsten at rollinghorse.com
Fri Jan 3 01:21:40 PST 2003

>Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2003 13:42:19 -0700
>From: Gerard Beekmans <gerard at linuxfromscratch.org>
>Subject: Re: MD5 sums for new CVS packages
>
>On January 2, 2003 09:58 am, Carsten P. Gehrke wrote:
> > Could anyone please supply the MD5 checksums for the following packages
> > (used in CVS 20021231):
> >
> > binutils-2.13.2.tar.bz2
> > gcc-3.2.1.tar.bz2
> > gcc-core-3.2.1.tar.bz2
> > make-3.80.tar.bz2
> > sed-4.0.5.tar.gz
> > texinfo-4.3.tar.bz2
>
>The mirrors aren't completely up-to-date. You're better off just downloading
>the files from the official sites (all ftp.gnu.org) fi you want to be assured
>of authenticity.
>
>End of lfs-support Digest V3 #2
>*******************************

Hmm, my concern was actually that I wanted to make sure the files had not
been tampered with.  I think I got everything from GNU.org, but couldn't
find any PGP/GPG signatures there.  MD5 fingerprints on the same server are
worthless.  If obtained from a different source, they are better than
nothing.  Otherwise, I wait about a week to see if any reports of
compromises occur.  For some packages, I have contacted the author
directly, but in this case there are too many.  I was hoping someone here
on the list might have copies of these files and could run MD5 on them.

TIA,

--
Carsten Gehrke     LFS No.: 190    using Linux since kernel 0.98
carsten at gehrke.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org