Missing files after installation

Tushar Teredesai tushar at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jan 2 13:37:04 PST 2003

Balaji Gururaja Rao wrote:

> I installed all the packages as mentioned in the chapter 5. After
> installation, I find a few files missing from. They are as below,
>
> In Bash - sh
>
> In Binutils - libbfd, libopcodes
>
> In Bizp2 - libbz2
>
> In Gcc - cc1plus, g++, libgcc_eh.a, libgcc_eh.so, libstdc++.a
>
> In Gzip - uncompress
>
> Should I recompile these packages once again? Does the chronology of
> installation matter?

Please don't post HTML

Same question was posted y'day (with an almost identical subject).
Please check archives before posting.
<http://archive.linuxfromscratch.org/mail-archives/lfs-support/>. If you
are not subscribed, consider subscribing or using the newsgroups.

To answer your question, it is ok, everything will be taken care of in
Ch 6. Don't worry abt missing files in Ch 5.

--
Tushar Teredesai
   http://www.geocities.com/tushar/

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org