Just a quick one: unsetting environment variables

Tim Littlemore tim at littlemore-email.co.uk
Thu Jan 2 13:21:35 PST 2003

Hi,

Thanks to those who pointed me in the direction of the static-libs-devel rpm
for mandrake after my previous posting.

Anyway, I'm mid-way through chapter 6 of LFS-4 and I'm installing glibc.
I previously set $CFLAGS to '-O3 -march=athlon-xp' for optimisation purposes.

However the book says to not use any $CFLAGS or $CXXFLAGS variables and I
don't know how to unset these variables!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Could I just do this $CFLAGS="" ?

Thanks in advance,

Tim