Installing from the boot CD with a non-bootable CD?

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jan 2 12:45:42 PST 2003

On January 2, 2003 01:28 pm, Joe Morris wrote:
> I don't know if this would cause any problems, but you should be able to
> just do a 'chroot /mnt/cdrom', mount the hard drive partition onto /mnt/lfs
> and then execute the build script as you normally would.

Just to confirm that: yes you can mount the cdrom and chroot into it safely.
The only thing that won't be the same as actually booting the CD is that you
run a different kernel using Tom's root disks. But that's not a big deal, as
long as that kernel is at least 2.2.something you'll be just fine.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org