Missing files

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jan 2 12:33:16 PST 2003

On January 1, 2003 09:07 pm, Balaji Gururaja Rao wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm installing the LFS ver 4.0 and I completed 5
> Chapters. After 5 installing the one told in the 5th
> chapter, I find following files missing the respective
> utility. Should I re install the respective utilities.

Changes have been made to the book and also, not everything that's installed
in chapter 5 is done completely because it's a waste really. Everything from
chapter 5 is reinstalled, fully, in chapter 6.

So when you get to the chapter 6 equivalents and you are still missing files,
then let us know please.

Also, the contents are matched to a specific version, often older than the
current one (such as in the Binutils case. Gasp is no longer installed by
Binutils). So only report missing files if the version you installed and the
version against which contents was ran against match. If the versions don't
match, don't bother (we'll be rechecking everything before the next release).

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org