My LFS Booted !

Ian Molton spyro at f2s.com
Thu Jan 2 04:32:00 PST 2003

On Thu, 2 Jan 2003 05:50:38 +0000 (UTC)
Farley Benn <nospam at mail.invalid> wrote:

> Hi Calmar-
>
> 	I don't play computer games and do not have sound enabled in my
> kernel.

Dont you listen to music? if so, a computer (with decent sound card,
preferably optical) is a very nice audio source.

> 	If I want to play chess, I take out a board. If I want to play
> music, I turn on my CD player or my radio.
>
> The right tool for the right job, eh?

Hm.

You cant backstep through a chess game on a board to see where you went
wrong (well, you can, but its no fun at all).

Radio (mostly) stinks nowadays (BBC radio 4 is a major exeception).
My PC has a CDROM. why not use it?

One thing I like about my handheld is that I can take a game of
chess/patience/solitaire/whatever with me, and not have to worry about
losing hundreds of magnetic little pieces... It can also play mp3s
whilst it does this, which is quite comforting to an individual with
aspergers syndrome in a crowd in town.

I /like/ not having a seperate radio / CD player / tape deck / DVD
player. the PC can do all these things, and better too, mostly.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org