Fwd: Re: Having trouble installing textutils-2.1...

Greg Schafer gschafer at zip.com.au
Thu Jan 2 00:08:53 PST 2003

On Thu, Jan 02, 2003 at 04:17:32AM +0000, Leigh Gardiner wrote:
> As you requested...the file which is 6k :)

I missed the start of this thread but I just noticed the following in the
log:-

configure:2113: checking for C compiler default output
configure:2116: gcc -O3 -march=x86   conftest.c  >&5
cc1: bad value (x86) for -march= switch
cc1: bad value (x86) for -mcpu= switch

You really shouldn't be fiddling with CFLAGS and/or optimization unless you
know what you're doing. "x86" is not a valid parameter for -march. You need
to head over to:-

  http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/

to find out the valid parameters for -march=

I recommend that if this is your first LFS, completely forget about
optimization. Just get the damn thing working! :)

Greg
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org