My LFS Booted !

Ian Molton spyro at f2s.com
Wed Jan 1 21:31:22 PST 2003

On Thu, 2 Jan 2003 05:23:06 +0000 (UTC)
Farley Benn <nospam at mail.invalid> wrote:

> But I could do all of the above on one tty, with a lot of that in a
> single window split into multiple screens that could be enlarged at a
> keystroke then shrunk again.

But I like to have it all available at once - I can see the scope
display AND notice the compile finish, whislt watching the code in the
emulator crash horribly.

In any case there are some operations that are MASSIVELY faster on a
good GUI, like file manipulation, or graphics editing.

where do you live? if its in the UK I cordially invitte you to see RISC
OS - a GUI done right since 15 years ago. So right in fact that it has
barely changed in all that time, and still looks modern AS WELL as being
the most productive environment I have ever used.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org