My LFS Booted !

Farley Benn nospam at mail.invalid
Wed Jan 1 19:53:24 PST 2003

In article <20030102014350.124044ef.spyro at f2s.com>, Ian Molton wrote:
> On Wed, 1 Jan 2003 22:31:21 +0000 (UTC)
> no.spam at allowed.here (Dagmar d'Surreal) wrote:
>

>> Welcome to the age of graphical display software that allows programs
>> to control the layout and density of information presented to the user
>> in ways that don't interfere with the displays from other programs.
>> Welcome to the age of browsers that use Javascript, Flash, and (coming
>> up fast) native SVG.

Welcome to the age when grown men have to read picture books because they
have the attention spans of  3 year olds and too much TV has wasted their
abilities to imagine and visualize.

Welcome to the age when merchants have taken over the development of computers,
turning them into a perversion of television and convincing the sheep that this
is a good thing.

> Its about time the x86 community got a format like SVG.
>
> RISC OS has had one since 15 years ago that was standard in just about
> every graphical app on the platform. it was heaven on a stick.

I haven't had a TV since about 1985,  and I don't want one now.

And there isn't ONE damn thing that a person can do with a GUI that I can't
do better and faster without one.

(eye-candy/icons  + plastic rodent)

Except use a computer like a television.

Farley

--
	Life is the strangest thing I've ever done.

littlefoot8 (at) earthlink
(dot)net ---- Registered LFS User #7328
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org