Fwd: Re: Having trouble installing textutils-2.1...

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jan 1 18:32:45 PST 2003

And here is my reply.

Subject: Re: Having trouble installing textutils-2.1...
Date: January 1, 2003 07:01 am
From: Gerard Beekmans <gerard at linuxfromscratch.org>
To: lfs-support at linuxfromscratch.org

On January 1, 2003 04:53 am, Leigh Gardiner wrote:
> Ok, well the Perl WARNING makes sense...because I haven't installed Perl
> yet...thats later in this chapter, correct?

Correct. Also you dont need to regenerate any files so perl isn't needed at
this point.

> But whats with that "C compiler cannot create executables"?! :( Doesn't
> look good...any suggestions?

configure outputs all its errors to a file called config.log. Check this
 file, near the bottom to see what command it was running and what error took
 place. Maybe gcc couldn't be found, or maybe you are missing the 'cc'
 symlink

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org