Having trouble installing textutils-2.1...

Leigh Gardiner leighgardiner at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 1 17:55:51 PST 2003

Sorry for the re-post of this, but my e-mail account wasn't recieving mail
from the mailing lists...

Hey all,

I have a bit of a probem running ./configure --prefix=/usr in chapter 6 to
configure the textutils-2.1 package.
I get this error during the configure script:
checking for perl5.003 or newer... no
configure: WARNING:
WARNING: You don't seem to have perl5.003 or newer installed, or you lack a
usable version of the Perl File:: Compare module. As a result, you may be
unable to run a few test or to regenerate certain files if you modify the
sources from which they are derived.

checking for gcc... gcc
checking for C compiler default output... configure: error: C compiler
cannot create executables

Ok, well the Perl WARNING makes sense...because I haven't installed Perl
yet...thats later in this chapter, correct?

But whats with that "C compiler cannot create executables"?! :( Doesn't look
good...any suggestions?

http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org