My patch won't work

Tushar Teredesai tushar at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jan 1 07:28:45 PST 2003

Gerard Beekmans wrote:

>On January 1, 2003 07:42 am, Tushar Teredesai wrote:
>

>>Gerard, how about adding a simple check (using find and file) at the end
>>of Ch.5 for verifying all binaries are static?
>>

>That's exactly what checklfs is for. Checklfs is a simple package manager/lfs
>installation checker (it uses a logfile to check your system against and if
>it's a chap5 install it makes sure that all executable programs are
>statically linked too).

:) I was going to mention that "Please don't mention checklfs:)"

Even if checklfs is included in the book, the above check could work as
a simplistic check. If someone runs into a problem, they can then go for
extensive checks using checklfs.

<salesPitch>It will also increase the educational value of the book,
show the power of some commands.</salesPitch>

--
Tushar Teredesai
   http://www.geocities.com/tushar/

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org