My patch won't work

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jan 1 07:16:58 PST 2003

On January 1, 2003 07:42 am, Tushar Teredesai wrote:
> Gerard, how about adding a simple check (using find and file) at the end
> of Ch.5 for verifying all binaries are static?

That's exactly what checklfs is for. Checklfs is a simple package manager/lfs
installation checker (it uses a logfile to check your system against and if
it's a chap5 install it makes sure that all executable programs are
statically linked too).

This project was put on hold for a while there but I plan to pick it up very
soon now. I'd like to include it in either the upcoming book, or in CVS
shortly after it. I'll have to go check how much more time I anticipate I'd
need to finish it.

However, checlfs-0.3.tar.bz2 has been uploaded to
http://linuxfromscratch.org/~gerard

Check it out, play some with it, report bugs.

btw; the premade logs are very old. They date before LFS-4.0. Better get your
own log files. It doesn't even know about $LFS/static yet (yes it's that
old).

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org