Building without chroot'ing

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jan 1 05:53:31 PST 2003

On December 31, 2002 07:18 pm, Eric Miller wrote:
> However, when building from a CD LFS host, can we not skip Ch5 and get
> directly to the LFS proper in CH6?  The packages are the same as what we
> build in Ch5, and there is no danger of damaging the host (read only).

If your CD LFS host is new enough (ie: it runs the exact same Glibc version as
you are going to install on the harddisk) then there shouldn't be any problem
skipping chapter 5, technically speaking. Your CD is in essence a perfectly
OK LFS system that can masquarade as a chapter 5 system.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org